Alexandria University was established in 1938 as a satellite of Fouad the First University (the name of which was later changed to Cairo University), becoming an independent entity in 1942. It was known as Farouk University until 1952 when its name was changed to Alexandria University. Since 1952, the University witnessed growth and expansion in several fields: the number of Faculties and high institutes is 23. It is now the second largest university in Egypt and has many affiliations to various universities for ongoing research. Believing in its role towards Arab and African countries, Alexandria University established in 1960 in Beirut, Lebanon, "Beirut Arab University" which is run and supervised by educational and administrative cadres from Alexandria University. Very recently, Alexandria University is working on the establishment of a branch in Juba, south of Sudan, and in N'djamena in Tchad.
Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences