|English Name:||University of Genoa|
|Address:||Via Balbi, 5|
ACCESS THE FUTURE
The University of Genoa (UNIGE) is one of the most ancient of the European large universities; with about 280 educational paths distributed in the headquarters in Genoa and the learning centres of Imperia, Savona and La Spezia, it comes up to the community as a well-established reality throughout the region.
Located at the heart of a superb city, offering splendors of its medieval and baroque heritage and site of the largest and most productive harbour in Europe, the University of Genoa is one of the most renowned multidisciplinary public universities in Italy, with peaks of excellence in several scientific and technological domains.
The University of Genoa is a landmark in the achievement of tools to consciously deal with the challenges of the present and the future.
More than 1,300 faculty members distributed over five Schools:
• Natural Sciences
• Medical Sciences
• Social Sciences
More than 30,000 students at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
The University libraries and the City Library System of Genoa have merged their services to create a single Integrated Library System. The broad array of services offered by the University libraries include both traditional text consultation and innovative, high tech services.
• With its 126 Degrees, more than 55 Postgraduate Schools, 26 Masters and 27 Ph.Ds, UNIGE provides a truly multi-disciplinary teaching offer.
• The Istituto di Studi Superiori (ISSUGE) encourages advanced educational paths of didactic and scientific excellences for worthy students selected by public contest.
• Worldwide experts in all domains involving the sea: its habitat, its economy, its exploitation.
• Tight connections with one of the biggest oncological research hospital in Europe.
• Scientific and teaching synergies with the Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare (INFN) and the Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche (CNR).
• Systematic collaborations and sharing of facilities and infrastructure with high-tech national and international companies (e.g. IIT).
• UNESCO Chair “Anthropology of Health. Biosphere and Healing Systems” established in 2014
• The oldest Campus, site of the Social Sciences and Humanities Schools, descends from the heart of the baroque city down to the ancient harbour.
• The Science and Engineering campus is located in the eastern part of the city, close to the fisherman village of Boccadasse.
|Broad Subject Fields||2007||2008||2009||2010||2011||2012||2013||2014||2015||2016|