|English Name:||Novosibirsk State University|
Brief description of the University
The Novosibirsk State University was founded in 1959 in the Novosibirsk Scientific Center. Graduates of the University became leading businessmen and managers of big industrial enterprises and academic institutions.
The University is oriented on training of specialists for science, education, economy and business. Researchers from institutes of the Russian Academy of Sciences take part in the educational process. Students are involved early in the research process, which facilitates the development of their intellectual potential.
The University comprises of thirteen departments, post-graduate courses, research centers, college of informatics, centers for additional education, and school for gifted children.
Mission of the University
Preparing the high quality specialists for science, education, knowledge-intensive industry and business on the basis of fundamental education.
The NSU is among one of the leaders of the Russian educational system. It conducts the basic fundamental research that, is closely interconnected with academic science, knowledge-intensive industry and business, and as well as produces high-class specialists incompliance with the top-priority demands of the country and society.
Directions of the development:
1. Mathematics, basics fundamentals of informatics and information technologies (algorithms of high-performance computation, geoinformational systems, artificial intelligence technologies).
2. Live Science (novel means advanced technologies for gene diagnostics of infectious, heritable, autoimmune, multifactor and oncologic diseases; investigation of stem cells research, creation method development of techniques for controlled chemical action on DNA and RNA).
3. Energetics, energy saving and resources, including advanced technologies for exploration and development of mineral resources and scientific bases of novel technologies in energetics and energy saving.
4. Advanced materials (development of technologies for synthesis of functional materials: catalysts, nanopowders and composites, silicon- and metal-organic materials, artificial crystals, metamaterials, membranes, biocompatible materials).
5. Regional development: historical experience and economics of knowledge.
|Broad Subject Fields||2007||2008||2009||2010||2011||2012||2013||2014||2015||2016|